Welcome to the Affiliate Program!
Welcome to the Affiliate Program!
Description: The online Affiliate certification program and intersession courses are designed to assist in your implementation of individual, district, and organization's implementation and practice of Courageous Conversations About Race. CCAR™ Practitioner Affiliate candidates will be trained to use the Protocol for Courageous Conversations About Race™ and embed this into their current practice and job functions. There is no curriculum license nor observation and live feedback at your site. Certified CCAR Practitioners receive ongoing coaching, support and connections at our national webinars throughout the year. Certified CCAR Practitioners receive the distinction and membership as part of Courageous Conversation’s international cadre of Affiliate Educators.
Objective: Upon successful completion of our 50-hour online training, webinar, and live training day, participants will receive CCAR Practitioner certification.
Affiliate training will prepare you to:
- Define each component of the CCAR Protocol™
- Understand the personal and interpersonal purpose of each part of the Protocol
- Apply Protocol when analyzing and developing meaning around current and critical events
- Apply Protocol when engaging with personal and professional associates
- Utilize the Protocol to engage others in racial literacy development and healthy racial discourse
- Consistently engage in self-reflection and mindfulness to process through racialized fears, triggers and obstacles
- Craft, expand, and articulate one's Racial Autobiography™
- Build and sustain your local capacity to implement the organizational racial equity plan, carry out interracial conversations and practice, evaluate and implement racial components of policy and practice throughout work departments and sectors
THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS HAS THREE PARTS
What does it mean to work with and learn from Courageous Conversation? Affiliate training will prepare you to:
- Strengthen/bring to scale your personal passion for equity and your Systemic Equity Transformation Plan
- Access trained facilitators as you work to implement the Protocol for CCAR™
- Receive ongoing support from Affiliate Program coaches
- Connect to regional, national, and worldwide networks of certified Affiliates
- Gain perspectives and best practices from other Affiliates rooted in experience
- Enrich and provide follow-up support for your organization’s experiences during CCAR™
Attend full two-day Beyond Diversity™ seminar at a National Summit for Courageous Conversation, Regional Summit, or city offering.
• (Optional) Two-day Beyond Diversity II™ Seminar.
• Read Courageous Conversations About Race: A Field Guide for Achieving Equity in Schools, by G. E. Singleton (2015).
• Participation in this certification program requires extensive online training and group interaction.
• Candidates must be proficient in online classroom tools, webinars, and recording self responding videos.
• Selected candidates should exhibit outstanding leadership and facilitation skills, capacity for self-development and direct implementation of continuous feedback.
• Attend a planning meeting with the Affiliate Program Director.
• Participate in Affiliate CCAR Practitioner Certification. This is a six-week course with (2) one-hour live webinars and (1) live community of practice day.
• Participate in monthly CCAR Practice and live webinars for one year.
• Participants must be open to intensive coaching.
• This courageous self-reflection will excavate socialized racial histories to develop a new racial consciousness required for CCAR™ leadership and engagement.
Remaining current and connected to the language of Protocol and its delivery, biannual recertification is required to maintain consistency with our proprietary materials content and processes.
AFFILIATE FACILITATOR CERTIFICATION
After one year of onsite practice in your role as a certified Affiliate Practitioner, contact the Affiliate Program Director at LE[email protected].
To view additional program information and scheduled dates
Visit the sections in the left hand menu
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM CONTACT: